What is said or happens during a meeting is confidential.
You do not have to speak.
Sometimes just making it to a meeting is enough.
Give TCF meetings at least three trys before deciding if TCF is or isn’t for you.
Chapter meetings are usually run as follows:
Meetings start at 7:00 P.M.
Come early if you are newly bereaved so that we can meet each other.
- An introduction and greeting by the chapter leader.
- The chapter leader acknowledges any “Newcomers” to the circle.
- Chapter and national business and announcements.
- Introductory circle. Each member states their name, their child’s name followed by a brief statement of the circumstances of the child’s death.
- A short break for bathrooms, refreshments, and taking a deep breath.
- Sharing circles. Depending upon the circumstances and the number of attendees, the meeting will break into two or more sharing circles of 10-12 members each. Four or more “newcomers” warrants a sharing circle specific to “newcomers and “second timers”, which the chapter leader facilitates.
- The sharing circle is where you may share the issues and concerns that you have about your child’s death. It is also the time where you will get a nugget of information that may help you in your grief journey.
- At about 8:45 the meeting will be completed. Each chapter differs, but some will form a circle of silence and remembrance.
- Cleanup. Please assist in leaving the meeting room and outside areas as clean as possible.